Saturday, March 22, 2008

Wuxinting Teahouse

Last time when I went to Shanghai (4 years ago) I made a visit to the Yu Yuan gardens and the Wuxingting Teahouse. Unfortunately, the wait to get into this famous tea house was so long that I didn't get to go inside. But this time around (when I went in January) the weather wasn't too great so the place was empty. I was so happy that I finally got to try out this cultural experience. The grounds here are beautiful, and the tea house itself is very quaint inside and has a great view of the pond it sits upon.
I've never had blooming tea before, and if you never have either you have to try it! I had the Jasmine blooming tea at the Wuxinting Teahouse. It's actually a Jasmine bulb and as you're steeping the tea, you get to see the flower slowly bloom. It was so pretty and tasty at the same time!

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin