Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cheeky Dinner

For dinner tonight, I cooked up a traditional Japanese style dinner with Hamachi no Kama (Cheek meat of Yellowtail). Kama is the succulent cheek or collar meat of fish. It's the best part of the fish if you ask me! It's meaty, fatty and melts in your mouth. Hubby loves having Hamachi no kama for dinner. It's so meaty that he says "tastes like chicken!" Of course we also had white rice as well as miso soup with mountain potato and shitake mushrooms. Along with the main course we had silken tofu with grated ginger and green onions, daikon, mizuna, seaweed & baby fish salad, and an umeboshi (pickled plum).
This fish goes perfectly with beer! We always eat it with freshly grated daikon radish and ponzu sauce.

8 comments:

RecipeGirl said...

I keep reading about the cheek-meat of fish. I definitely need to look into this.

Mmmmmmmmm. Beer.

lovecokate said...

mmm that looks so good! hi lina, its monica. im bloggin too!

Albany Jane said...

Yummy! Did you make that yourself? It all looks so good!

norecipes said...

MMmmm hamachi kama is one of my fav's. Especially good with some yuzu or kabosu.

lovecokate said...

Morning again, I also wanted to say that you take really great pictures. Can you tell me how to add your link to my blog? I couldn't figure it out! :(

Thx!

lovecokate said...

I'm just so bored at work! I have all day to blog blog blog! :)

Capt. Pink said...

can i come over to eat dinner?

Laura @ Hungry and Frozen said...

What a feast :) looks fabulous!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin