Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yeay! Happy birthday to me~! Today was my 26th birthday. I feel old... but I feel good about getting older.
My hubby took me on a lunch date to the Filling Station in the Orange Circle.
Filling Station
201 N. Glassell St.
Old Towne Orange, CA 92866-1408
714.289.9714

I love the atmosphere of old town Orange. The restaurants and antique shops are so cute and make you feel like you did a flash back in time. It was a nice, sunny Wednesday and the patio seats were lovely.
Hubby, of course, ordered the cheeseburger plate with french fries. He was stuffed after eating half of this huge burger.
I had the vegetarian sandwich on Ciabatta bread. It was filled with delicious grilled veggies like zucchini, eggplant, tomato, and red onion along with mozzarella cheese. I really enjoyed this sandwich and restaurant. No wonder the Filling Station has been around for so long.After lunch, I came home to surprise deliveries! My hubby sent me beautiful red roses! How romantic...My homie Chewy sent me an edible arrangement of 26 JUMBO chocolate dipped strawberries!!! What a sweet, thoughtful gift. I ate like 7 of these in one sitting. They are just SO good.So cute, AND delicious! Thank you Chewy! You're the best!Seems like I got a few food related gifts today... probably because I've been obsessively cooking, browsing recipes, and blogging these days. Fumipuri got me a great book called "Super Natural Cooking" by Heidi Swanson which I'm loving. It has gorgeous photos and has lots of great recipes using whole and natural ingredients. I also got these juicing books so I can keep my new juicer busy busy!
Thank you to everyone for your warm birthday wishes! I had a wonderful 26th birthday! :D

21 comments:

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Lina, It sounds like you had a lovely day. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. Will be reading more of yours in the future.

fumipuriri said...

happy birthday!! :D

eatme_delicious said...

Happy birthday! :) Those look like some great gifts.

Edamame said...

It is a hello edamame.
Rina was a Japanese. (I thought so)
Because it was very charming blog, I linked. I sometimes come to play.

こんにちわ枝豆です。
理奈さんは日本人だったんですね。(そうとは思っていましたが)
とてもチャーミングなブログだったので、リンクを貼っておきました。チョクチョク遊びに来ます。

Grace said...

happy birthday to you! be glad you don't have to hear me sing it. :)

KJ said...

Happy Birthday. I'm impressed by your edible arrangement gift. Gorgeous and delicious. Lucky you!!!

Barbara Bakes said...

Happy Birthday - I would love to receive chocolate covered strawberries for my birthday! I've got a great website.

Caramella Mou said...

Hi Lina and happy birthday.

Those strawberries look absolutely delish, I'm going to have a try as soon as they become available locally.

Caramella

Kimberly said...

You're old now and so am I! Happy Birthday, Lina. Sounds like you had a great one!!

VeggieGirl said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!! Looks like you had a lovely celebration :0)

Did you see on my blog that I just celebrated my birthday too, recently??

Michelle H said...

Happy Birthday! I've been there, the food is outta this world. :o)

RecipeGirl said...

Happy Birthday! The best years are yet to come :)

K & S said...

Happy Birthday! And thanks for adding our link :)

Tartelette said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day!

Yuri said...

Happy belated Lina. Thanks for dropping by my blog. Try the condesnsed milk pound cake, it's delish!

Rei said...

Wow! Looks like you had a great day! Happy belated birthday Lina! Would like to thank you for popping by my blog. I'm In Singapore and I'm a Chinese. Would you like to exchange links? :)

Capt. Pink said...

Happy Birthday!! Let's go work out.
x o
Dary

Neen said...

Yay, happy birthday! And I LOVE the filing station diner!

Cheri said...

Happy Birthday

I love the Filling Station - when I lived in Orange I would go there.

Cheri

Lore said...

Happy belated birthday Lina! It sure looks like you had a pampering day.

Psychgrad said...

Happy belated birthday! Those are some nice presents. I could really go for chocolate covered strawberries right now.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin