Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Lamb Roast Challenge

My new found hobby is reading recipes online all day long. Last night I decided to give Lamb Roast a Challenge. Since we had a huge leg of lamb my brother brought home from Costco sitting in our fridge, I decided to give it a try and cook that sucker.
I roasted my piece of lamb on 400 for one hour to brown, then added about 3 cups of water and covered the lamb, turned down the temp to 275 and let it slow cook for about 3 hours. 45 mins before it was done I added potatoes, carrots, and onions. I made a corn starch gravy out of the juices that were left (that was my first attempt at gravy!) I also made creamed spinach which was a HUGE hit! All in all, it took over 4 hours to cook the meal but I think it turned out quite alright.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin