Saturday, April 12, 2008

You Let OJ Go...


Today I went to Judge Lance Ito's house for a Rotary Club fundraiser. My sensei and I did a tea ceremony demonstration for their "Cherry Blossom" themed fundraiser party. It was a warm Saturday afternoon and I enjoyed the party at their gigantor Pasadena mansion. His backyard was beautifully groomed with a charming little koi pond. His yard also boasts the biggest and oldest redwood tree in all of Pasadena!
Aside from our tea ceremony presentation they also had a origami & Japanese flower arrangements on display.
It was a lovely afternoon. I got to see how the rich folk live...but the catering REALLY sucked so I didn't even bother to take photos of their cheapo yucky food.

4 comments:

Obsessive Foodie or Food Addict....You Decide said...

This is a very pretty picture of origami containers (I think that is what they are)....either way it is a pretty pic!

fumipuriri said...

what a bummer that their catering sucked! blah

Mochachocolata Rita said...

the origami's so gorgeous! tell us more abt how it sucked? ^_^

wmpe said...

Did you perform the tea ceremony? I went to a tea ceremony at my local Japanese Friendship Gardens and it was fabulous. I was just looking at a matcha tea set but I can't remember how to use 1 of the tools and was thinking of maybe getting a book - do you have any recommendations? Nice photos of the event, too. Wendy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin