Monday, May 5, 2008

Biwa

We have a big biwa tree in our front yard. Biwa or Loquat is a wonderfully refreshing Japanese summer fruit that I look forward to eating every year. Unfortunately with the weird weather (hot one day, cold the other) our Biwa tree seems like it's not yielding much fruit this year.
I put my tree climbing skills to use this morning to pick some of these adorably round and juicy fruits.

It's so cute that I couldn't resist drawing a face on this thing... The biwa was a little bit sour and not as sweet as I hoped it would be. Hopefully our tree will have more biwas next year!

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

I've never heard of biwa before - looks intriguing!! Haha, I love the face that you drew :0)

Jessy and her dog Winnie said...

Cool! I love the face you drew on the fruit. lol.

lovecokate said...

btw, tiffany tells me she loves your blog.. she said she found so much information on it.. keep it up!

-monica

norecipes said...

I'm fascinated. I've never heard of biwa before, is it regional in Japan? What's it taste like?

Toniq said...

Biwa looks yummy!!

Lina said...

Biwa (Loquat) is originally a Chinese fruit but is now grown in lots of places all over the world. I would say it's like a hybrid between an apricot and grape?

That Girl said...

I've JUST learned about this fruit within the past week - and now I'm on a mad search to try some!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin