Saturday, May 3, 2008

Dangerous Cooking Part II

Yakiniku (Japanese BBQ) is one of my husband's favorite meals. He loves his BEEF. We have a big portable grill that we put in the middle of our dining table and the whole family gathers around to grill their pieces of meat and veggies. It's a fairly simple dinner item and its a lot of fun to cook & eat with a group of people.Some of the items we grilled today include cabbage, asparagus, zucchini, mushrooms, onions, shrimp, squid, and beef.
As I am typing this entry, I have a bag of frozen edamames on my arm... I have burned myself once again. Two days in a row! Yakiniku can be dangerous! I burned my arm as I was reaching over for a piece of onion on the other side of the grill. Now I have a small scar on my arm. My grandma in Japan has scars all over her arms and face from frying and grilling for our big family over the decades. I guess clumsiness runs in the family. Cooking can be very hazardous for someone as clumsy as me.

10 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Oh goodness, please be careful in the kitchen!! I do hope that your burns heal soon!!

Neen said...

I love dinners where everyone makes them at the table, like hot pots or fondu or raclette or tacos....it's so fun and casual. Great way to spend time with family and have your entertainment already provided for!

Indigo said...

Aww, I hope your burns get better quickly! But this is such a great dinner idea; I love sociable eating like this ^__^.

Daziano said...

I burn myself sometimes when I bake, especially when I'm not using my oven but somebody else's...

Sophie said...

Ouch! Sounds painful. My grandma actually says she's lost sensation in her fingertips because of how many time she's grabbed something too hot. Just the other day hot oil flew into my eye when I was cooking -- not fun. This meal looks very fresh, though, I bet it's so tasty that I'd forget about the burn after taking the first bite :).

tigerfish said...

Oops, be careful! I have burning,scalded wounds usually around my fingers too!

VEGAN TICKLES said...

Ohhhh, how I miss eating yakiniko, shabu shabu, and esp. ramen.
Your pics bring back alot of memorries of me pre-vegan days.

Mochachocolata Rita said...

haha take special care...i am too a clumsy cook...always drop this and that, burnt my arm several times, and hurt my nails and fingers chopping things up all the time...i need to learn to be more careful

daphne said...

ouch! be careful!!
Having said that, I think it is a good idea to have a grill in the middle of the table and everyone cooks together!! Seriously, it saves washing up + time as well!

Kevin said...

I have burnt myself a few times as well. Frozen vegetables come in really handy at times like that.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin