Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Heathrow Airport

My butt is so sore from sitting on airplanes and sitting in airports all day. We arrived to LAX at 10:00am on Tuessday and departed at 1:10pm. Next, we arrived to Heathrow Airport and our flight did not leave till 1:40pm on Wednesday so we ended up with a over a 4 hour connection. ugh... this is the worst part about traveling, the grueling plane rides and connections! I had quite some time to wander around the airport to try on all of the duty free makeup and purfume.
Hubby & I also decided to go for some traditional British food at an airport restaurant called Wetherspoon which was more or less like a pub. We ordered the full traditional English breakfast which consisted of eggs, bacon, toast, hashbrowns, sausage, half a grilled tomato, mushrooms, and baked beans. I've never really had baked beans for breakfast before and I thought it was interesting.

I also looked around the shops and found hazelnut flavored KitKat bars which (I think) they don't have in the states. It was pretty yummy, I wish we had these back home. 3 more hours SITTING on an airplane and we will finally reach our destination... Lisboa!

9 comments:

kikuyo said...

長旅でしたね。ご苦労様!ゆっくり休んでね。これからもブログをできるだけアップしてください。楽しみにしてます。
Love you guys!

VeggieGirl said...

Ah yes, I HATE sitting around in airports and on long flights; but I LOVE traveling, so it's all good :0) Enjoy!

fumipuriri said...

glad you guys arrived safely! fumi mo lina ga blog update suru no tanoshimi ni shiteru kara :)

Magnolia Wedding Planner said...

Lina honey :-D so glad to hear news from you!
In this moment you should be already in Lisboa and I'm sure you'll like it a lot. I left my heart there :-D
I know flying and waiting is the worst part of a holiday..:-D but you'll spend a great holiday!
A kiss
Silvia

Nicey said...

Thats soooo funny, baked beans for breakfast set ya up for the day ....
Enjoy

veganforone said...

I always end up staying 4 or 5 hours in Heathrow, but since it's so big, and there's so much shopping the time flies by! I also find myself eating so much food (so much temptation).

That Girl said...

I have a friend in Ireland who's always looking to send me British candy, looks like I'll have something else to add to the list!

Capt. Pink said...

Mmmm, pub food sounds so good.

Renaedujour said...

Flavored Kit Kats? I don't understand why they don't sell those in the US. I feel compelled to find some. I love Kit Kats. They're my favorite. I bet a chocolate mint would be delicious.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin