This is a 2 in 1 dessert. Bake your tea right into the cake so you can have your afternoon tea and cake all in one bite. I sucessfully made a perfectly fluffy and subtly sweet Matcha pound cake today.
MATCHA POUND CAKE RECIPE
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons matcha powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
5 large eggs, separated
1 pinch salt
1. Prepare 2 loaf pans (9x5x3) by buttering and lining with parchment paper. Butter the parchment paper as well.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, matcha, and baking powder.
4. In a large bowl, beat together the butter and the powdered sugar for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
5. Add the yolks into the butter mixture, one at a time, mixing well in between each addition.
6. Add the dry ingredients into the butter and yolk mixture and set aside momentarily.
7. In a large clean bowl, beat the egg whites and salt until soft peaks form.
8. Fold the beaten egg whites into the yolk batter and gently mix until incorporated.
9. Pour the batter into the loaf pans and smooth the top.
10. Bake for 60 to 70 minutes.
11. Cool for 10 minutes, dismount and cool on a rack and eat!