Saturday, May 17, 2008

Shin Sen Gumi

Our countdown begins... 3 more days and hubby & I will be in Europe. I'm so excited I can hardly contain myself. Busy with preparations for our upcoming travels, I haven't had a chance to cook too much these past couple of days. Knowing that we will be missing Japanese food during our travels, we hit up Shin Sen Gumi for some Japanese Soul Food... RAMEN.
When hubby came to America, this is the first place he worked at as a waiter! He has fond memories of this place...Shin Sen Gumi is an authentic Japanese restaurant specializing in Hakata Ramen. Hakata ramen originated in Hakata city located north west of Kyushu. The main characteristic of Hakata ramen is the white, thick soup that is made from pork bones, also called Tonkotsu soup. Hakata Ramen is a simple bowl of noodles with thin noodles, and minimal toppings of cha-shu pork, chopped scallions, ginger, and sesame seeds.
The crispy mini gyozas they serve at this place are fried to perfection!
We also had the soboro don which is white rice topped with mince chicken meat cooked in sugar, sake and soy sauce. Very yummy. If you're looking for simple, authentic Japanese food then this is the place.

SHIN-SEN-GUMI

18315 Brookhurst st. #1
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 962-8952

6 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Ahh, have a LOVELY time in Europe - your trip will be here soon!! Exciting!! :0)

Looks like a great Japanese restaurant!

That Girl said...

I'm so sad I never read your blog when I lived in Orange County and could visit these places!

VEGAN TICKLES said...

OMG.
This place used to be my husband's and I favorite place.
Now that we are vegan, we can't eat the RAMEN anymore.
We actually haven't been to the ROSEMEAD locatiion in almost a year and a half.
My mouth drooled when I saw your pics.
YUMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

Y-Maeda said...

Hello nice to meet you.
KO-N-NI-CHI-WA (^_^)v
I am Japanese.
I saw your wonderful site.
Please link to this site !
【Website】http://food-of-japan.blogspot.com/

tigerfish said...

Don't think I've seen or tried soboro don in most Jap eateries.
But I surely had minced meat on rice before (Chinese style)! :O

meesh said...

hey i know where that is
i like to go to full moon across the plaza for cheapo sooshi

Blog Widget by LinkWithin