Sunday, June 1, 2008

Adeus Lisbon!

Yesterday hubby, otousan (father-in-law), and I spent some time in Lisbon. Tonight is my last night in Portugal. I had a fun and memorable stay here. I spent a lot of time with family, ate A LOT of good food, and saw many beautiful places. I couldn't possibly post all of the photos I shot during my stay in Portugal on this blog... so if you're interested check out my flickr site! :) In the mean time, here are some of the photos I took in Lisbon yesterday.Jeronimos Monastary
The famous Padrão dos Descobrimentos (Monument to the Discoveries) The classic cable cars of Lisbon
My artsy fartsy photo of the old Portuguese guy gazing out of his window
The view of Lisbon from Castelo de Sao Jorge
One of the yummy restaurants we ate at in Lisbon was called Restaurante O Pinoquio.Arroz Mariscos: Seafood rice. Its like a soupy Portuguese style paella.By request: Clams cataplana! They didn't bring out the cataplana pot but these clams were supposedly cooked Cataplana style. They had a slight taste of mustard and was very yummy. Portuguese melon is so sweet!


RESTAURANTE O PINOQUIO
Pç. Restauradores
79 Lisboa 1250-188
Lisbon, Portugal

5 comments:

vermichelli said...

im curious abou that shrimp dish? is it just boiled schrimp with salt or something?

Abby said...

What a beautiful day for taking pictures! I might have to add this to my "Places I Must Visit" list! (And I love your artsy-fartsy photo! Ha.)

rowena said...

Ahhhhh! Thank you so much for the clams cataplana! Interesting note on the slight mustard taste...just looking at the photo make me want to fly right over at this moment. Fantastic food and I am bummed that you had to leave but...eh, there's always a next time!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

I love your pictures! Now that you have left the hot weather is starting! Have fun in Scotland and eat a lot of shortbread and scones!

Daziano said...

Oh My Goodness!!! How nice!!! Lisbon is so pretty!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin