Monday, July 28, 2008

Driving to San Francisco

On Saturday, Hubby and I drove to San Francisco. Before we left home, I found this cute little praying mantis sitting on the roof of my car. What a funny looking guy!
Anyways, it was a long 6.5 hour drive from LA to SF. I always get excited when we pass by these windmills because it means we are about 1 hour away from SF and they are just so beautiful!
Wind power is not only visually appealing, but also an Eco-friendly source of power!
The long trip to SF was well worth it. We were attending one of my good friends wedding receptions at Jelly's Dance Cafe. She had just gotten married in Cuba and was celebrating her wedding at this club since not all of us were able to make it to Cuba.
I was in awe by their wedding cake at the reception. One of J's friends made this huge wedding cake all by hand in her kitchen! She even has a map of California on one of the cakes, and the map of Cuba on the other (all hand drawn)! And it was my favorite... carrot cake too!
Congrats to J&L, yet another beautiful couple that looks wonderfully happy.

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

What a fun weekend trip!

Sophie said...

That's a cute cake :). I loove San Francisco, one of my favorite cities, actually. I used to pass by those windmills all the time, when we'd drive down to LA to see family...oh, how I miss Cali :).

fumipuriri said...

the praying mantis is so camera ready!

Mochachocolata Rita said...

gorgeous pictures! and i love how you put your wordings ;)

That Girl said...

I love the drive to SF, Thatboy and I do it yearly. Mostly I just like the alone time in the car together.

nita said...

i love your windmill pics! gorgeous!!! the wedding cake is major fab!!!

::Christine:: said...

1. The praying mantis is scary!! But what a beautiful picture!

2. All your pictures are always gorge!

3. I LOVE IT I LOVE IT! =)

4. Sometimes I can't read the word verification thing on the bottom of this so I'd have to type it in like 20 million times!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin