Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mini Blueberry Pies

I went out and bought me-self some Trader Joe's pre-made pie crust dough the other day. I've never even attempted to bake a pie in my life before... so I decided to start out with a pre-made dough to make things easier on myself.

I didn't want to waste pie dough in case I messed up either... so the solution was to make mini blueberry pies in my cupcake pan. The pies turned out super cute and super tasty. I used fresh berries and it turned out great & not overwhelmingly sweet.
EASY MINI BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE
Ingredients:
1 box of pre-made pie crust
3 pints of blueberries (washed)
2Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 400°F
2. Roll out small balls of pre-made pie crust and line the cupcake tin with the dough.
3. Combine blueberries, flour, lemon juice, and sugar and place mixture in each crust in each cupcake hole.
4. Bake for 20 minutes at 400°. Reduce heat to 300°F and bake for another 20 min until juices are bubbling.
5. Let the mini pies cool before removing from cupcake pan.
6. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream!
We ate these little suckers up in a flash with some whipped cream on the side.

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Such adorable little pies!!

nita said...

damn this looks amazing! ryo is soooo lucky! HAHAHA

Kitt said...

How clever of you! (Pie crust intimidates me, too.)

Sharon said...

What an easy way to make absolutely adorable pies!

Kevin said...

Those mini blueberry pies look good!

::Christine:: said...

I agree with Ni-ta. Your hubby is one lucky fellow!

OLGUIS said...

this looks delicious.
olga

Blog Widget by LinkWithin