Saturday, August 9, 2008

Birthday (Cheese)Cake

Yesterday was my hubby's 26th birthday! Hubby has never been a huge fan for ultra sweet treats like me... but he really likes cheesecake. So instead of a traditional birthday cake, I decided to bake him a mildly sweet birthday cheesecake.
I've made cheesecake before but this was probably the best I've ever baked. I only had 2 eggs left in my fridge and decided to add minimal amounts of sugar, so I improvised a little but the cake turned out to be wonderful. It was moist, and fluffy, and not too sweet.
Happy Birthday Hubby. I love you!

BIRTHDAY CHEESECAKE RECIPE
Ingredients:
1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup of melted butter
1/4 cup of packed brown sugar
1 lb. cream cheese
1/2 cup of sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup of flour
16 ounces of sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons lemon juice
Directions:
1. To make the crust, mix the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and 1/4 cup of brown sugar in a bowl.
2. Press onto the bottom of a buttered nonstick springform pan.
3. Bake the pan at 350 F for about 8-10 minutes and let it cool before you fill the pan with the cheesecake filling.
4. All cheesecake ingredients should be at room temperature before you start.
5. Lightly beat the cream cheese until fluffy and add the sugar a little at a time as you beat.
6. Add the eggs slowly while you keep beating, then add the flour, vanilla, and lemon juice to the mixture.
7. Finally add the sour cream and mix well.
8. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the springform pan (over the crust).
9. Bake for about 1 hour at 325 degrees.
10. Let the cheesecake cool, then put it in the fridge to firm up.
11. Place candles in the cheesecake, sing happy birthday, and eat!

14 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Happy belated birthday to your husband!! That cheesecake looks wonderful :0)

Kevin said...

That cheesecake looks amazing!

Adam said...

Beautiful cheesecake Lina! I would be more than happy to have something like that on my bday :)

And happy birthday to your husband. I'll be 26 in 6 months, maybe you can help me out with a cake ;)

Daziano said...

I see now why your life is yummy!!!

Gloria (Canela) said...

I think you cheescake is absolutely yummy!!! I love cheescake always!!!! Gloria (Dear blessings and happy days tou and hubby!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday to the Hubby!
The cheese cake looks yummo....while you have never made banana bread before, I have never made cheesecake!
You should sooooooo try my banana bread, it is sooo yummy and moist!

Dawn said...

Happy B-day to the hubby. Gosh, I miss being 26. Enjoy those 20's; they rock.
I also wanted to say you are so lucky to have the opportunity to live near Sprinkles! Loved that post. Beverly Hills rocks!

Bridgett said...

Aww, what a great birthday cake! This looks delicious, like the ones you get at the specialty bakeries.

Lisa said...

This cheesecake looks perfect! I was just talking about making one today too.

Prudy said...

Happy B Day. What a gorgeous blog. I love Sprinkles. They came to the South Beach Food and Wine Festival and I ate about a million minis there.

That Girl said...

I'm going through a cheesecake phase right now - I have two more recipes lined up to try!

Mochachocolata Rita said...

singing off-key: happy bday to you.....

*stealing the cheesecake* HOHOHO

Grace said...

as a person with many sweet teeth, i'm sorry to hear that your husband doesn't have any--perhaps i took his. :)
anyway, that's one heck of an appropriate birthday treat for him--happy belated birthday!

Kin'shar said...

somebody loves cheese cakesssssssss.....lol

Blog Widget by LinkWithin