Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad & Nana!

This is kind of late... but it was my Westie, Nana's birthday & my dad's birthday last week! They were both born on July 30th.

Hubby got my dad an awesome cake! I think Japanese pastries are the best, not too overwhelmingly sweet like a lot of the desserts here in the states. Hubby got this cake from Cafe Blanc, a great Japanese Bakery in Costa Mesa. It was strawberry shortcake.
Coincidentally, a lot of the important people (& dog) in my life are Leos. My dad is a Leo, my brother is a Leo, my husband is a Leo, and my doggie is a Leo. Lucky me, because Aries and Leo are the most compatible signs in astrology. Lucky me that I get to eat lots of yummy birthday cake in the month of August.
CAFE BLANC
298 E 17th Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Tel:(949) 631-9999

7 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Aww, happy birthday to them; and hooray for Leos!

Pirikara said...

Thanks for visiting my site. haha that dog is cute!!

Kitt said...

I'm sure Nana would have much preferred a cake to a bath for her birthday.

Clumbsy Cookie said...

I also have a lot of leos (=cakes) in August. That's such a cute picture of your dog!

milkrobot said...

Mom told me that morning that it was Nana's birthday but forgot to tell me that it was dad's too.

That Girl said...

You're so right about the Japanese pastries not being as sweet - perfect for me!

nita said...

yummmmmmy cake...for a minute there I thought you made it!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin