Monday, August 11, 2008

Happy Wedding Anniversary!

Exactly two years ago, on this day...hubby became my hubby. We were married in a little church right by the Eiffel tower in Paris. Everything about our wedding was romantic and perfect. Two years have gone by so quickly and married life has been amazing. I often daydream about that wonderful day... especially the AWESOME wedding cake we had that day. haha. I have to say, the cake really (almost) stole the show at our wedding. Our wedding cake was made by none other than the renowned Chef patissier of Patisserie Sadaharu Aoki in Paris. The cake was magnificent to say the least. It was a masterpiece decorated with fresh fruits, Sadaharu Aoki's signature macaroons, and topped with a white chocolate Eiffel tower. The guests had seconds and thirds, heck, I even had seconds and thirds (despite the tight wedding dress)!
Only after the wedding did I learn of a wedding tradition where couples save the top tier of their cake to freeze and eat on their first anniversary. Now I kick myself for not saving the top tier of that glorious cake!

Anyways... happy anniversary hubby! May we have many many more happy years and yummy cakes to come!

Sadaharu Aoki
56 bd de Port-Royal,
75005 Paris
Tel: 01 45 35 36 80

26 comments:

Kin'shar said...

wow, congrats....I am hoping to be saying this one day myself.



How it is!!!!!!!!

VeggieGirl said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! :0)

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Congratulations! How fun to get married in Paris!

fumipuriri said...

omedeto!
<3

Daziano said...

Wow, you got married in Paris?! How romantic is that!!!

Happy anniversary!!

Candy said...

How romantic! I'm enjoying all your delicous desserts! I love cooking but baking baffles me!

Candy

Dawn said...

Wow getting married in Paris right near the Eiffel tower? How romantic for sure. You were very lucky to have that.
Happy Anniversary indeed!!
Please share more Paris/wedding day pics if you can. I know I would love to see them.

nita said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LUB YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

Adam said...

Congrats on the Anniversary. That's a beautiful story, and I wish you two many years of good times and good cake :)

Aggie said...

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful cake!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! My sister's name is Lina too!

Manggy said...

Before everything, happy anniversary!

You had your cake made by Sadaharu Aoki?! You lucky you!!!

Sophie said...

aww! Happy Anniversary. Your cake sounds like it was awesome :D, and you couldn't have picked a better place to tie the knot!

Bridgett said...

Aww, Happy Anniversary! What a sweet post!

Tartelette said...

Happy Aniversary! A wedding cake from Aoiki...how cool is that?!!!

milkrobot said...

Wow, two years. I can't believe it! Happy Anniversary!

::Christine:: said...

Happy Anniversary!!

That Girl said...

Happy Anniversary! I swear all the cool kids got married in August '06!

April said...

Sounds perfect! Happy anniversary!

Dwiana P said...

Hi Lina, thank you for stopping at my blog:)
happy anniversary for both of you! Married right by Eiffel Tower, wow what a romantic.

Leslie said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you have any more happy years to come!

Kevin said...

Happy anniversary!

Lisa said...

Happy anniversary! What a romantic wedding. We saved our top layer but it was not eatible(or edible) a year later

daphne said...

happy anniversary!

as our wedding day approach, i can't help but go awwwww when I read this post. Hope our day will go as beautifully and sweet as yours.

Dhanggit said...

happy anniversary!! more sweet years to come!! and more delicious cake to come :-)

Sharon said...

Happy Anniversary! Your cake looked beautiful and sounds delicious :) My hubby and I are coming up on our 1 year soon!

Murasaki Shikibu said...

Lucky you. I remember my wedding was less than perfect. I was appalled by the cake and appalled by the bouquet. In fact come to think of it, I was unhappy about a lot of things. Not a good way to start a new life!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin