Friday, August 15, 2008

It's Amore

I don't know anyone in this world that doesn't like a good sandwich. Sandwiches are easy to make, easy to eat, and easy to clean up after. What more could you ask for?
Today for lunch I made a fresh, Italian inspired sandwich on Trader Joe's par baked artisan ciabatta bread. It was the perfect light lunch bursting with Italian flavor. It's the kind of gourmet sandwich that costs $7 at a fancy restaurant but only costs 50 cents to make yourself at home.

ITALIAN AMORE CIABATTA SANDWICH
Ingredients:
Ciabatta bread
Sliced Tomatoes
Fresh Basil
Sliced Prosciutto
Thinly sliced mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1. Toast buttered Ciabatta bread.
2. Top one side of the bread with mozzarella cheese, prosciutto, basil, and tomato.
3. Eat!

I'm submitting this photo to the Snack Shots food blog photo event at the Greedy Gourmet. Ciao~

17 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

i love sandwiches they re easy to prepare and ready in a minute. yours looks delicious. bye i m going to make one :-)

milkrobot said...

That looks goooood.

Adam said...

Haha I love those kind of sandwiches. I don't know what a sandwich costs $7, but we all still love them.

Good call on the ciabatta bread :)

VeggieGirl said...

Oooh, ciabatta bread!!

Garrett said...

I love these wholly simplistic yet proven delicious recipes.

vermichelli said...

omg i could use one of these right now!!

hot garlic said...

Hi Lina! Thanks so much for your nice comments on my blog! So far I am loving everything I see here too!

Congrats on your wedding anniversary!

Prudy said...

I love a basic Italian sandwich. I love to make it with pesto and pack it up since it travels really well also.

Sophie said...

Love the basil idea, and what a nice photo too! Sandwiches are perfect any time, that's part of what makes 'em so awesome...and oh yeah, I love the easy-cleanup part too :P.

Clumbsy Cookie said...

I'm sure that if you close your eyes eating that sandwich you could swear you were in Italy!

Mochachocolata Rita said...

i loveee using ciabatta for sandwiches...yum yum yum...

this looks yummy and healthy :)

Kitchen Flavours said...

Yummy sandwich dear. I have a suprise waiting for u in my blog. Check out dear.

Dawn said...

Mmmm...I love the basic Italian sandwiches. I must eat mozza & red pepper with EVOO sandwich once a week.

Bridgett said...

Anything with prosciutto is good in my house. This looks delicious!

That Girl said...

I love those ciabatta rolls!

::Christine:: said...

I want to eat this!! YUMMY!!

I'm in europe only till next Monday. =( Boo!

Kevin said...

Now that's a sandwich!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin