Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Japanese Ginger Pork

Shogayaki is a typical Chinese inspired Japanese dish that involves ginger and pork. It's so easy to make because you just mix the sauces and throw all the ingredients into a ziplock bag. Mom would often make shogayaki to put into our bento boxes for Saturday Japanese School. This is one of those easy meals that is always a family favorite.

SHOGAYAKI (GINGER PORK) RECIPE
Ingredients:
1 pound thinly sliced pork
2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
2 cloves grated fresh garlic
3 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsps mirin
1 tbsp sake
1 tbsp sesame oil
Directions:
1. Mix soy sauce, mirin, sake, and grated ginger & garlic in a bowl and pour into a ziplock bag.
2. Marinate pork for 1 hour or more in the ziplock bag.
3. Heat sesame oil in a frying pan.
4. Stir-fry the pork slices on medium heat until cooked thoroughly.
5. Serve and eat!

16 comments:

Bridgett said...

I love all of the flavors you used and the picture is absolutely mouth watering!

nita said...

oh I want to try that. I have some pork cutlets but i need to pick up some sake and mirin [not sure waht that is]

Mochachocolata Rita said...

this looks tasty! hmm yeah i don't have any sake nor mirin. i'll look out for those when i'm out this weekend ;)

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Really easy Lina! I love the idea of the zip lock bag! Ginger and pork are best friends I think! Lovely dish!

Adam said...

You would get something that awesome for lunch at school? Did all the other kids hate you with their PB&J sandwiches. I know I would of been super jealous :)

Dee said...

Wow, you were one lucky kid! Shogayaki are one of the kiddo's faves but I never realised how simple they were to make. Thanks for the recipe :)

And congrats on the awards Lina! Well deserved.

Gloria (Canela) said...

This look yummy! Lina,xxGloria

vermichelli said...

make this for me to eat

Elle said...

It's amazing how such simple ingredients can make such a fantastic dish--it looks wonderful!

fumipuriri said...

oishiso!
i love shoga yaki!

Nina's Kitchen (Nina Timm) said...

Freshly grated ginger must be my favorite smell. I just love it. It looks like such a simple recipe and yet the final dish looks scrumptious.!

Prudy said...

That looks so easy and delicious. Did you just buy pork cutlets or did you cut it thin yourself? Let me know because I'd love to give this one a try.

maybelle's mom said...

oh, these look very good and I don't even like pork.

Sophie said...

Easy and pork?! Sounds like my kind of meal! Ginger has a way of really bringing life to a dish, it adds great warmth and flavor. I'm definitely holding on to this recipe :)>

Lina said...

prudy- I bought the meat already thinly sliced at the local Japanese market, but you could slice it yourself for similar results im sure. :)

Kevin said...

So simple and yet so tasty!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin