Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sprinkles!

Our house is literally a minute drive away from the famed Sprinkles cupcake shop in Beverly Hills. I would often roll my eyes as I drive past the insane line forming outside of this little shop thinking that people are crazy for wasting their time and money ($36 for a dozen?!) on a couple of measly cupcakes... Sprinkles cupcakes became the "it" thing after it was featured on the Oprah show a few years ago and the hype still has not died down!
Although I don't agree on their ridiculous prices or lines, I must (and hate to) admit that Sprinkles makes a pretty freakin' good cupcake. My personal favorite is the red velvet cupcake. The cake is rich and moist, and the cream cheese frosting is so creamy and dreamy!
The coconut cupcake is really good too, oh! and the carrot cupcake is also my favorite. Heck, you can't really go wrong with any of the cupcakes here. The only real critique I have is that the trademark sugar "dots" are tasteless and bland.
The packaging is adorable, and the wooden cutlery is so cute that I always end up grabbing more than I need... to use later at home of course. Over the weekend I gave into the temptation and ended up being one of those stupid people lining up for 20 minutes just for a couple of cupcakes.
Damn you, Sprinkles cupcakes!

SPRINKLES
9635 S Santa Monica Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Tel: (310) 274-8765

21 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Oooh, decadence at its finest :0)

The Caked Crusader said...

Goodness me that coconut cupcake surely has my name on it? Please? Pretty please?

Lore said...

I could buy these cupcakes only to get the packaging and cutlery :)). Love them!

Margaret said...

It's the whole package that looks so enticing. What clever marketing.
The cupcakes look wonderful.
In London, I believe, there are a couple of cupcake shops where everyone lines up for ages to buy cupcakes!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

I really don't like waiting in lines for food! It makes me mad! But I have to admit they do look adorable. I also want the cute knife and fork!

Dee said...

I agree with you, but that's also because I'm a million miles away. Trust me, I'd be one of those sad people in the queue. The coconut looks gorgeous. I want.

lina said...

Oh, these do look yummy. And being back up in the north where both people and interesting foods are kind more sparse than in California I think you're lucky for getting to eat them, lines or no lines. :)

Mochachocolata Rita said...

so adorable, i am loving the box and the forks too hehe

Adam said...

They really do a great job at marketing. The package, and the cupcakes are a good size and look delicious. I'm still a little thrown at $36 a dozen. That's like $3 a cupcake.

Maybe I got into the wrong business...

Leslie said...

I was in LA lasr year ..and I cant believe I forgot to go to Sprinkles! I guess I was too busy rubbing elbows w/ the rich and famous!LOL

That Girl said...

No matter how many different cupcakes I bring him, my husband still prefers the Sprinkle's red velvet. We used to live close enough where I could pop in during the day when there were no lines and chat with the wonderfully sweet workers. I brought them as thank you gifts and even once I brought their passover cupcakes to a cedar. I used to be a lot more popular ;-)

And just a tip - ALL the calories are kept in those "dots" so if you throw them out, the cupcake is calorie free. At least that's what my friends and I decided.

That Girl said...

ummmm cedar = sedar. TGIF.

Sharon said...

They were supposed to open up a location in Chicago. I waited and waited and waited and finally moved out of Chicago and one had never opened! I still want to try them.

Jescel said...

hmmmmnnn...i want to try those cupcakes. i'm sure that they're not only a feast for the eyes, but for the stomach as well... love the fork and spoon too!

vermichelli said...

omg why is my life being attacked by sprinkles?
ive had sprinkles 3x in one week!!

nita said...

omg!!! i went yesterday too but around 6pm! when did you go?

Nora B. said...

Oooh, I like the wooden cutlery too! It's amazing how much cupcakes are costing these days.

Swati: Sugarcraft India said...

Dear Lina

Thans so much for stopping by my blog...
The cupcakes really look delicious and I like the wooden cutlery a lot..
Keep in touch

Swati

::Christine:: said...

Hi Lina!

Have you ever tried to bake your own sprinkles cup cakes? You know how they have the ready mix stuff at Williams Sonoma? I heard that the frosting doesn't taste the same though.

Bridgett said...

Line or no line, I would definitely give the red velvet cupcakes a try. How funny, I would grab more of the utensil as well...kind of a consolation for standing in line ;) Now that you are hooked, what cupcake will you try next?

Aggie said...

Oh my...those cupcakes look unbelievable!! Can I have the coconut one Please!!??

I laughed at what you said about rolling your eyes at the line when you drive by...I would feel the same way! I hate good food that is overpriced b/c of "hype"...but I guess it's worth being one of the "stupid people" in line for a lovely treat like that once in a while!! : )

Blog Widget by LinkWithin