Monday, September 8, 2008

Chaya Brasserie

First of all, I would like to apologize for the long-time-no-post. The father-in-law has been in town and I've been busy eating up a storm with the family LA. The good news is... I've got lots of yummy photos in store for you! Let's start off with one of my favorite restaurants in LA...Chaya Brasserie.
I hear they have a great happy hour but we went for the dinner last night. And what a great meal we had! Chaya is an elegant and modern restaurant with Japanese fusion food. Executive Chef Shigefumi Tachibe at Chaya was the first chef to introduce Franco-Japanese Cuisine to Los Angeles.
I started off with one of their signature cocktails, the pomegranate martini. This was one of the best martinis I've ever had. Not too sweet and not too strong. Pomegranate anti-oxidants in a martini is always a plus too! hehe.
Otousan had the Champagne Kir Royale which was sweet and bubbly!
We ordered a bunch of appetizers to start off with. We had a basket of walnut bread and sourdough bread so we had a prosciutto platter with mozzarella cheese and roasted tomatoes to go with the bread. The Spicy lobster roll was amaaazing. They were basically sushi rolls with spicy Lobster, Masago, Cucumber, Kaiware & Avocado, served with Wasabi Soy. The calamari at Chaya is quite unique and is probably my favorite calamari around. It's called Arare Crispy Calamari and the squid is coated in rice crackers and fried, then served with Chili Miso Vinaigrette. This yellowtail sashimi plate was a pleasant surprise. The sashimi was topped with fresh jalapenos, cilantro, and rice cracker bits (arare). Each piece of fish was a wild burst of flavor and texture. Hubby had the New Zealand rack of lamb which had an elegant mushroom sauce. Sister-in-law had the Milanese style pork chops that were tender and tasty. Otousan ordered his typical favorite, the Miso-Marinated White Sea Bass which I think is one of the best things on the menu at Chaya. I had the seared tuna steaks with mushroom & edamame risotto. The tuna was cooked just right and I had nothing to complain about here. After stuffing myself to the max, I needed to help my digestion out with some good fresh mint tea. They did not skimp on the fresh mint, the tea was so fragrant and refreshing. ahhh~Even though we were extremely full, no meal at Chaya is complete without one of their exquisite desserts! Sis-in-law had the strawberry shortcake which was stuffed with a yummy homemade cream.The waiter recommended the chocolate croissant bread pudding with caramel ice cream, and I was so happy that I went with his suggestion. This was easily one of the best desserts that I have ever had. The bread pudding was the perfect way to end the perfect meal. I really want to try re-creating this bread pudding, it was too delicious for words!

CHAYA BRASSERIE

8741 Alden Dr.
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Tel: (310) 859-8833

5 comments:

Clumbsy Cookie said...

I want that croissant bread pudding! I like when you "take us with you" when you go out to dinner!

VeggieGirl said...

Glad to see you posting again!! :0)

I too am awestruck by that bread pudding dessert - yum!!

That Girl said...

I'll have to add this to my "insanely long because we never get to LA" list of places to try

fumipuriri said...

i looove chaya too! their happy hour is fantastic! and that bread pudding looks sooo yummy :P

Bridgett said...

oooh, look at all that delicious food! I love pom martinis as well. Everything here looks divine.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin