Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Gonpachi Revisited

I've blogged about Gonpachi before so I'm going to make this short and simple. Sit at the bar. The sushi chef is awesome and Gonpachi is one of the best places to have authentic Japanese sushi in LA. I got to watch the chef cut and prepare a fresh aji (mackerel). And of course I didn't forget to have my favorite pumpkin zensai for dessert!Gonpachi is the new and improved Miyagi's on Sunset. It's a fun place to go for the food and the atmosphere. The architecture is really something to behold, $18 million was reportedly spent on the construction of this grand restaurant. yikes.

GONPACHI
134 N La Cienega Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Tel: (310) 659-8887

13 comments:

fumipuriri said...

uuu i wanna try the sushi bar!
personally, i think the gonpachi here is better than the one in azabu.

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Is that a fish's head on the ice plate?

VeggieGirl said...

Looks like a wonderful place!

Adam said...

Talk about works of art! Amazing

ila said...

uwao! 18 million?! i always pass by here during my sales run, maybe i should give it a try...

That Girl said...

Now I feel old. I recognize Miyagis but not Gonpachi.

Daziano said...

That looks very interesting! Love it!

Leslie said...

EEEEKKKKKKK!
I wish I like Sushi..but the ONLY thing I like is CAlifornia Rolls..and I dont even think those are real sushi!!LOL
And my root beer extract was ordered on line after I saw some root beer cookies I just HAD to make!

Dhanggit said...

I second emotion Adam, this is work of art! Hope to visit that place in the future!

Dawn said...

I would love to go there. We need more pics of the desserts! ha ha

Elle said...

Gorgeous!

nita said...

thats your favorite place!

btw, no post in a 8 days??????

vermichelli said...

I KNOW! i was thinknig the same thing... 8 days with no post.. that has to be a record!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin