Sunday, September 21, 2008

Last BBQ of the Year

The nights in SoCal have become cooler and summer is slowly but surely coming to an end. Every summer, my family indulges in backyard BBQs and last week we had yet another one. As the BBQ went on into the evening the night air was nippy and we decided that this will be the last BBQ of the year. We will have to wait till the weather gets warmer again in the Spring.
At this BBQ we decided to do it Japanese style with yakitori. My favorite was the asparagus and bacon kebabs. The yakitori was coated in terkiyaki sauce and grilled to a crisp on our propane BBQ grill.My dad is always in charge of the grill and he makes the meanest steaks. To accompany our yakitori, we also had a seafood marinade salad.And also, soy sauce and miso glazed rice balls cooked on the BBQ grill. I love yaki onigiris!Our 3 doggies loooove BBQs too, they get to feast on everything that has been dropped. The dogs must be pretty disappointed about having to wait months before our next BBQ. :)

10 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

What a lovely BBQ!!! And cute dog :0)

Clumbsy Cookie said...

That would even make me eat asparagos! I also love BBQs!

Johnson said...

yummy! look at that asparagus and bacon!

btw, are you renting out your place?

Sophie said...

I love kebabs! My hubby would love the ones with bacon, as would I. So tasty! I received a grill about a month ago, so I'll have to put it to good use with your kebabs!

ila said...

MMMM.... homemade yakitori! when we do bbqs at my parents house, we do satays and yakionigiri :)

gaga said...

That's a great way to bbq asparagus. I'll definitely keep it in mind for next year.

Bridgett said...

Awww, love the pup! What a feast you all enjoyed. I love grilled asparagus.

Leslie said...

Love the food and the puppies! Here in Tampa FL we dont get cool nights until Jan!!! Agghhhh!

That Girl said...

Those asparagus are one of my friend's favorite appetizers

Deborah said...

That looks like great bbq fare!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin