Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lawry's Prime Rib

The other day we went to Lawry's on La Cienega Blvd. Lawry's in Beverly Hills has been around since 1938, so they must be doing something right! Even in this slow economy, Lawry's didn't seem to be hurting for business. We were able to walk in without reservations but the place was pretty packed.
The meal started off with the famous "spinning bowl salad". You get to watch a little show at your table: your waiter spinning the salad bowls. The salad was just okay. It was heavily drenched in thousand island dressing... And of course they had Lawry's seasoning pepper and special seasoning powder at each table.
I'm not the biggest beef person but I have to admit the prime rib here is pretty darn good. Lawry's is probably one of the best Prime Rib restaurants that I've ever tried. A "master carver" wheels around a shiny silver cart to each table to custom carve for you, your very own slice of prime rib.
I got a side of mashed potatoes and creamed spinach with my prime rib, and everything was drowning in their signature gravy. I felt like I was having Christmas dinner.
Our Lawry's dinner ended on a sweet note with their crème brûlée which was yummy. One more spoonful and my stomach would have exploded.
LAWRY'S PRIME RIB
100 N La Cienega Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
Tel: (310) 652-2827

10 comments:

maybelle's mom said...

oh, i love prime rib. there was a lawrys in chicago too.

That Girl said...

For every special event in my family we go to Five Crowns, a Lawry's restaurant. I like their tableside cesaer salads instead of the spinning salads, but otherwise I get the same thing as you.

nita said...

yummm creme bruleee!!!!!!

where should nat and I go for our anniversary? i dont know where to make reservations at...maybe Mastro?

Clumbsy Cookie said...

That looks like a Sunday Roast they have in the UK. Nice meal!

Leslie said...

mmmmm.. I love prime rib! When I was in LA I choose to eat at Mr. Chows instead of Lawrys...but I will have to make a trip to Lawrys if I ever make it back to Sunny CA

Kimberly said...

Um... hello! You missed out on the creamed corn! It is the highlight of my meal every time I go to Lawrys. :) Johnnys family has a 'frequent diner' card and every time we go its just as good as the last. Next time you go, try the creamed corn. And, I actually like their salad! Maybe your server put too much dressing?

vermichelli said...

oh thats great - you are eating prime rib while im eating a cup of noodles right now

Bridgett said...

Ahhhh, beef! Love it! You can't go wrong with a delicious prime rib.

Leslie said...

Thanks for the comment in my 6 quirky things.....AHHHHCHOOOOOO!(sneeze)LOL

Daziano said...

Wow, mouthwatering photos over there!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin