Monday, September 29, 2008

Look What the Squid Dragged In!

We were preparing four our monthly sashimi feast the other day and my mom started cutting up the squid... when she noticed there was something inside the squid! Guess what came out of this squid?! A WHOLE sardine! I guess the squid swallowed the poor fish whole! The fish was almost as big as the freakin' squid. We debated on whether or not we should eat the sardine but decided not to. It was just kind of gross...
I just wanted to share this with you because I thought it was pretty neat. I've never seen anything like this before! :D Rad~!

13 comments:

Peter M said...

Holy, that is cool...good thing you didn't eat the sardine and hopefully you weren't charged extra!

Kimberly said...

That is gross! But cool! But gross!

Daziano said...

Wow!! What a surprise!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Think of it as getting 2 for the price of one!

Adam said...

Whoa, that is totally rad. And sardines are huge! I had no idea. And talk about fight to the death... haha

Manggy said...

Oboy! How amazing! I think it would have been safe to eat the sardine, but that's just a guess. I wonder in what state of digestion it was in already. Yikes!!!

That Girl said...

I feel badly for that poor squid who's dinner was obviously interrupted.

Kitt said...

Wow! Freaky!

Dhanggit said...

great shots!! i feel like im watching a "scifi" movie hahahah

Grace said...

i've got the heebie-jeebies right now, but i don't mind. cool find. :)

Leslie said...

eeeewwwwww!!Yuck!

Dawn said...

Very rad!
I once had a tiny little baby crab underneath my raw oyster. As I was eating the others, it crawled out from underneath and walked away. I got it and put it back into the ocean. Luckily we were sitting on the water so it was easy to let him go in. Isn't that wild?

pixxienix said...

Haha yea I see this everytime! Maybe our southeast asian squids have very slow metabolism...hmm

Blog Widget by LinkWithin