Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Photograms


I started taking a photography class last month and our last assignment was to make a photogram. A photogram (also called rayograph) is a photographic image made without a camera by placing objects directly onto the surface of photo paper and then exposing it to light. So basically, this was the first time I've ever stepped into a darkroom and made a camera-less photo. I did a photogram with cassette tapes, a cut up shopping bag and my wedding rings. I made a positive photogram and a negative photogram. cool huh?

12 comments:

Kitt said...

Neat! That would make for an attractive and artsy framed series on a wall.

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Really cool Lina! I have never hered of that technic. Awesome!

Dani said...

very neat!

VeggieGirl said...

I LOVE photography classes!! :0)

maybelle's mom said...

very cool. i was just reading about Dora Maar (surrealist photographer and Picasso lover), how funny. photography is fun, huh.

Daziano said...

Had no idea you could do this. NICE!!

Leslie said...

VERY VERY cool...I sooo need to take a photography class!

That Girl said...

That's so cool! I can't wait till Thatboy gets home to ask if he's ever done this.

vermichelli said...

wow that is cool! i never did that in photography class!

::Christine:: said...

I just love all your pictures!!

::Christine:: said...

When I was in Canada my friend gave me this paper that said Kumon Math & Reading Centres. Is that your family business? =)

Elle said...

Very cool--I love them!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin