Saturday, October 25, 2008

BFF's Baby Shower


My BFF since I was 12 years old is having a baby!!! I'm so excited that you would think that she was having my child... She is due in December and I can't wait to meet her baby girl. Today, we had a baby shower in honor of the mommy and daddy to be.The baby shower took place at Habana, a Cuban fusion restaurant in Costa Mesa. We all sat out on the patio at a big table decorated with pink roses and balloons. For drinks, we all had red sangria and white sangria. I loved the white sangria with green apples in it. Even though we are well into fall, it was scorching hot today and the cool sangria hit the spot.Since the baby shower was at 1, we just had a bunch of appetizers. I loved the presentation of this shrimp ceviche with plantain chips. It was spicy~!We also had some homemade empanadas.And Cuban style crabcakes... But enough about the food!

HABANA
2930 Bristol St # A110
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Tel:(714) 556-0176
I helped provide the party favors for the baby shower today. I made sugar cookies and tied them onto mini bottles of champagne with baby pink ribbon. My onesie cookies didn't turn out as professional looking as I hoped they would... but aren't they cute? I spent quite a few hours trying to make the perfect cookies, but they were a lot harder to make than I thought the would be! I was having trouble trying to get the right consistency for the sugar cookie dough and the icing. In the end, my hard work paid off because the mommy-to-be liked these favors! :)

One of the friends brought a beautiful cake from Wonderland Bakery to the shower! Although the cake was a little bit on the overwhelmingly sweet side, it was pretty tasty and I thought it was gorgeous. Yum.... I love cake. Anyways. I can't wait to become an auntie!!!

WONDERLAND BAKERY
1314 Bison Ave.
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Tel:(949) 640-9095

13 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

So fun!!! And wow, that cake is stunning.

Sophie said...

What a sweet friend you are. The party favors are adorable! :)

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Sounds like a fun shower! You're gonna be a great "auntie" I bet! The sugar cookies are very cute!

maybelle's mom said...

Oh, those sugar cookies do look very professional.

ila said...

mmmm, habana... and congrats on almost being an auntie!

Rhyleysgranny said...

What a lovely baby shower. Your cookies look just lovely. Bet you can't wait until the little one's arrival. Nothing like a new wee life
xxx

cakewardrobe said...

A++ for the effort!! The party seems like it was a success! I know how hard it can be to make bake goods look perfect. You can find a great recipe for sugar cookies in Dorie Greenspan's book "Baking: From My Home to Yours" (if you dont' have it, I can email it to you) You should roll out the dough between parchment paper and refrigerate it for 30 min or so then cut them out with your cookie cutter to make clean cuts and easier lifting. You can do all this ahead of time and refrigerate/freeze the cookie dough between sheets of parchment and tightly saran wrap the whole stack until you are ready to bake. For piping and flood filling, pipe the outer edges first with royal icing and let it harden a little before you flood fill. This will help keep the filling icing inside the lines :) Hope this helps. XOXO

vermichelli said...

your sugar cookies loooook soooo delicious!!!!

Maria said...

What a fun party with great food too! Everything looks perfect!

Mochachocolata Rita said...

wat a great party! and whoa..wat a spread, girl! i'll be near the crab cakes :)

GoJaws said...

check out some unique diaper cakes on growinstyle.com, they also have natural baby teethers and toys.

Psychgrad said...

Very nice. I'm planning a baby shower for a friend of mine. So, I'll have to look for those cute onesy cookie cutters.

Toniq Spirits said...

Rinaaa, The cookies were beautiful...W = Woman hahaha...
I updated Toniq for you, I'll try to be better...D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin