Saturday, October 18, 2008

Frosted Jack-o-Lantern Cookies

I've never made sugar cookies before and I've never frosted cookies before... so I decided to practice by making a batch of Halloween cookies for my third grade students.
I had no idea where to start with making icing so I searched the Internet and came across YouTube clips on how to properly ice a sugar cookie. The videos were really helpful and gave me a lot of great tips. I used a paint brush to frost the cookies and the outcome was pretty good! Plus, my mom and I had a blast painting these cookies. I decorated each Jack-o-lantern with a different silly face.
I didn't want the kids to be sugar high at school so I passed these Jack-o-lantern cookies out at the end of the school day and the students loved them!

ICING FOR SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE
*Will frost approximately 5 dozen cookies
Ingredients:
3 cups sifted confectioner's sugar
1/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Food Coloring

Directions:
1. Combine sugar, milk, vanilla and mix well.
2. Add desired food coloring.
3. Frost cookies with a paintbrush (see YouTube clip below).
4. Add candy sprinkles if desired.

10 comments:

Rhyleysgranny said...

These look so cute. I would never have thought of using a paint brush to ice biscuits. How clever. Now I have sugar cookies dancing through my head and ideas how to ice them. Thank you for sharing

VeggieGirl said...

STUNNING, FESTIVE COOKIES!!! :0)

maybelle's mom said...

really adorable.

Dawn said...

well for your first time they came out perfect! adorable, I hope your students love them first before devouring them

That Girl said...

I hate making sugar cookies - it stresses me out to no end. Is there a you tube video to help with that?

Leslie said...

Cute..very cute! So you give the cookies to the kids at the end of the day so the parents have to deal w/ the sugar high kids!!??LOL
Smart move!!

::Christine:: said...

You are so creative! I love it!! =)

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Lina I had to made lots of sugar cookies pumkins last week! We could have made them together if you were closer, ahahah! They look great and nobody would know they were your first!

Kevin said...

Nice Halloween cookies!

Sophie said...

Aww, what adorable cookies! I need to make Halloween cookies. The faces are too cute :).

Blog Widget by LinkWithin