Friday, June 5, 2009

água de coco

All over Brazil, you will find stands or just simply people on the street with shopping carts selling "água de coco" or coconut water.

A Brazilian lady we met in Salvador told us that "água de coco is Brazilian Red Bull!" It hydrates your body on a hot Brazilian summer day and is full of electrolytes. It's a natural isotonic beverage with the same level of electrolytic balance as we have in our blood. Super healthy and super yummy.
You will find água de coco everywhere in Brazil. They even offer it as a drink choice at McDonalds! How awesome is that?

7 comments:

♥peachkins♥ said...

That is soo cool! Coconut water at McDonalds!

Hi. It's my first time here and read some of your posts. Like in Brazil Coconut is a common thing around here as well..

maybelle's mom said...

we have the same thing in India. It is super healthy.

Nita Adriany said...

yum. that looks good. nat would sooo love that!

Mochachocolata Rita said...

it's so funny to see coconut water in mc D packaging ^_^

Leslie said...

So weird..my TV repair man was replacing some parts on my TV today and he is a Raw Vegan and he was telling me the health benifis of coconut water. The only coconut I can find here are mature coconuts. I guess I am going to have to go to Whole Foods and try to find some coconut water now

Hilary said...

Haha that is so cool! I love seeing the regional variations at McDonalds. In Eastern Canada they serve lobster sandwiches.

My Taste Heaven said...

you are so lucky, we don't have that in Malaysia's McDonalds!! i couldn't find that in US too~~~only available in Brazil??

Blog Widget by LinkWithin