Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Crumbs Bake Shop

I've officially moved back to LA this week! Goodbye OC~! One thing LA is not lacking, the plethora of cupcake shops! Just a few blocks away from our place is Sprinkles, and the Crumbs bake shop. I've always wanted to try this place but I was always drawn in by Sprinkles which is only a few steps away from Crumbs.

The line at Sprinkles was too long so I decided to finally go for Crumbs. We got a red velvet cupcake and a coconut cupcake. The cupcakes at Crumbs were HUGE! They are almost double the size at sprinkles and at just about the same price of $3.75.
They have a really good variety of flavors to choose from. If you want to try all of the flavors, you can get a mini-cupcake sampler that has a bunch of little cupcakes for $18.

The unique thing about this bakery is that all of the cupcakes have a center filling. The cupcakes were pretty good, especially the coconut cupcake, but hubby and I both agree that the cupcakes are not as moist as Sprinkles and that Sprinkles wins this competition. These cupcakes were very generous with their frosting, but the frosting is not as overwhelmingly sweet as most other cupcakes. If you're a cupcake fan, definitely try it out!
CRUMBS BAKE SHOP
9465 Little Santa Monica Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90291
Tel: (310) 550-9811

2 comments:

Nita Adriany said...

Crumbs cupcakes are too overwhelming for me. I prefer mini cupcakes

Clumbsy Cookie said...

I really wish I could try it!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin