Sunday, July 26, 2009

Atsuyaki Tamago

Hubby loves atsuyaki tamago (Japanese rolled omelet). It's enjoyed as a side dish in any meal of the day and I'd often find it in my bento box as a kid. Basically it's just egg... but this slightly sweet and salty moist square-shaped goodie is wonderful! Although I love to eat Atsuyaki Tamago, I avoid making it because it's a lot harder than it looks! You need a special square shaped frying pan, and rolling the egg and cooking it to a perfect consistency is not an easy feat. But since my hubby likes to have it for breakfast I decided to do some research and study the art of Tamago making with Youtube.

I admit, I totally burnt the first batch and it ended up in the trash can but the second batch came out alright. Hopefully with practice I can improve my skills.
ATSUYAKI TAMAGO RECIPE
Ingredients:
3 eggs
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup dashi
Directions:
watch youtube! You need to visually learn how to make Tamagoyaki.

5 comments:

maybelle's mom said...

that breakfast looks great. Now did you make this in the sqaure pan? I have tried to make this too and it really wasn't as easy as I had hoped.

Clumbsy Cookie said...

They used to do this in a Japonese restaurante where I worked. It's really nice!

Rhyleysgranny said...

I have only eaten Japanese food once many many years ago in Japan. I have never come across this. Yours looks excellent. I can see how tricky it would be.

Nita Adriany said...

man that looks hardcore but super yummy!

fumipuriri said...

難しいよね
けど、美味しいね :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin