Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Grand Canyon

Hubby drove 1,360 miles on this road trip! Thank goodness for our hybrid car, we saved a lot on gas. We had such a fun time that I can't wait till our next one! :) At one point a herd of elk were running along our car as we were heading towards the Grand Canyon at sunrise. I have always wanted to visit the Grand Canyon and it was spectacular. I'm so happy that I got to experience it! Words can't really describe the grandness of this place. (*love this shot I took of a Buddhist monk at the Grand Canyon! National Geographic here I come.)The canyon was created and carved by the Colorado River over a six million year period. I tried to take this picture while zooming in on the roaring rapids far below the canyons. Definitely a place you must see before you die.

4 comments:

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Definitely a place I want to see!

Leslie said...

OMH..what are the odds a monk was there! What an awesome photo op!

TonyC said...

geezus. that monk shot borders on epic. thought about driving to Grand Canyon for July 4th but.. ran out of heart 2 days before, went to SF, ate non-spot instead.

Nita Adriany said...

nat geo here you come! they look like thai monks!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin