Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Hashbrown Breakfast

Hubby has been studying hard lately and woke up early to prepare for his midterm, so I decided to make him a energy packed breakfast. We love having hasbrowns at breakfast joints and I've never tried making them myself so I decided to take on the task this morning.

CRISPY HASHBROWNS
Ingredients:
1 Russet Potato
Salt & Pepper to taste
Cooking Oil

Directions:
1. Wash and peel the potato, then pat dry.
2. Shred the potato using a cheese grater.
3. Pat the shredded potatoes again with a paper towel and make sure you get all the moisture out or you will have mushy hash browns.
4. Spread cooking oil evenly in a medium sized frying pan.
5. When the oil is hot, sprinkle the shredded potato pieces on the pan.
6. Season with salt and pepper and continue to layer the shredded potato about a quarter inch thickness.
7. Fry the potatoes until the underside is golden brown.
8. Flip it over and fry the other side till golden.
9. Enjoy your crispy potato hashbrowns!

Hubby thought that the hashbrowns were store bought. I took that as a compliment because they sure did turn out perfectly.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I love a good traditional breakfast!

ila said...

i can never get my hashbrowns to turn crispy (i think it's because i overcrowd the pan)! but this looks delish~

Clumbsy Cookie said...

I bet he was thrilled, that looks delicious!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin