Saturday, July 25, 2009

Kogi

What is all this hype about Kogi Tacos? It's the hottest thing in LA right now.
Basically all it really is, is a taco truck! But it's not just a regular taco truck. They serve Korean/Mexican tacos, quesadillas, and burritos. A simple but brilliant concept. Korean marinated BBQ meats wrapped in Mexican tortillas. Why didn't I think of that? I heard that the lines for these trucks can be upto 100 people! The day we got there we were one of the first 20 people in line so the wait wasn't all that bad, but boy, they must make bank! Another unique thing about these Kogi trucks is that you never know where they will be. You have to find out where they will be headed or located via Twitter. I got the three taco combo with marinated Korean BBQ pork, beef, and chicken. Each taco is an affordable $2. The tacos are topped with a cilantro, lime, and onion relish, a crisp salad of cabbage and Romaine lettuce dressed with a sesame-chili salsa roja, and then garnished with radish, and lime wedges. I don't know if these tacos are worth the wait or hassle but they were quite yummy. Next time I crave these tacos, I can attempt to make them myself or go to their restaurant the Alibi Room.

3 comments:

::Christine:: said...

Andrew used to tell me about this and how the hype was all CRAZY!! Maybe the next time I'm up in LA i should try this....

Leslie said...

I wish we had these in Tampa. I think that it is too cool that no one really knows where the truck is going to pop up next!!!
Oh and your comment on my TV segments.....Famous??Umm no!I do a few things here and ther..but famous I am not!!LOL

Nita Adriany said...

it's wayyyy overhyped!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin