Thursday, July 30, 2009

Shabu-Shabu Salad

I'm a whuss when it comes to the cold. Growing up in SoCal I've been spoiled my whole life with wonderful weather and anything below 70 degrees is considered freezing to me. I love the summer and I welcome the heat. I'm comfortably warm up to 100 degrees... but if it gets any hotter I'll start to complain.
When it gets close to that complaining temperature, I just don't feel like making a fussy meal. I want something quick and fresh, like this shabu-shabu salad I made the other day. Traditionally, shabu-shabu is made over a boiling hot pot of water but it's just too hot for that so I made the cold salad version. This dish is great for those lazy summer days where you just don't feel like doing a lot of cooking or heavy eating.

SHABU-SHABU SALAD RECIPE
Ingredients:
Thinly sliced pork or beef, boiled
Salad greens and lettuce
Tomatoes
Onions
Sliced cucumber
Ponzu dressing
Grated daikon

Directions:
1. Make sure the boiled meat is cooled to room temperature.
2. Place the meat on a bed of salad, top with grated daikon and ponzu sauce.

2 comments:

Nita Adriany said...

can i come over for lunch??

Mochachocolata Rita said...

i envy places with beautiful weather all year round...it gets too humid and hot in hong kong these days...

come to think of it...the salad fits this kinda weather perfectly :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin