Saturday, August 1, 2009

Banana Nut Muffins

I had some pretty gnarly looking bananas staring me down the other day and I didn't want to waste them, so I put them to good use and made some banana nut muffins.
I used some whole wheat flour to try to keep it on the healthier side. The muffins turned out dense, not too sweet, and delicious! A great way to turn unwanted bananas into a healthy, hearty breakfast.
BANANA NUT MUFFINS

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup chopped and toasted walnuts
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix sugar, oil, and egg until creamy and light yellow.
3. Add bananas and walnuts, flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until smooth.
4. Spoon the batter into greased muffin tin.
5. Bake for 30 minutes until toothpick poked in center of the muffin comes out clean.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin