Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Carmel-by-the-Sea

Carmel-by-the-Sea was another stop during our road trip. It was my first time visiting this quaint seaside town and I was instantly in love. I would love to have a vacation home here! Who wouldn't!?We arrived early morning and hiked through the Point Lobos State Reserve. Although the water was freezing cold, we enjoyed walking along the white sandy beaches and watching the seals play in the water. This state reserve had many picturesque hiking trails and I think that this is the most wonderfully calming and serene place that I have ever hiked.
I love this little town not only for the nature and beauty, but all of the wonderful trendy boutique shops and little restaurants. We had breakfast at an amazing cafe called Katy's Place. I don't drink coffee, so I normally have tea or juice for breakfast but I love to order hot chocolate as a special treat once in a while. The restaurant was so cozy and had a real family restaurant vibe. This breakfast joint is known for their amazing egg Benedict so we had to order that. They have a very large selection of all different kinds of egg Benedict. We got the Sonora Benedict with Canadian bacon with guacamole ($14.95). We shared the plate because it was HUGE and got the Hollandaise sauce on the side. OMG it was a heavenly breakfast. It was the finest egg Benedict I ever had. The combination of avocado, ham, and egg was amazing. I have to learn how to make egg Benedict just like this!
The potatoes were also very wonderful, especially with this Pepper Plant hot sauce! I love any kind of hot sauce but this was great! I need to get a bottle of this for home.
When we go back to Carmel, we will definitely be visiting Katy's place and the Point Lobos State Reserve again. We had a wonderful time.KATY'S PLACE
Mission St
Between 5th & 6th

Carmel, CA 93921
Tel:(831) 624-0199

5 comments:

Bellini Valli said...

Someday I may make it to California. Thanks for sharing:D

Dary said...

Are you allowed to post that many pics>>

I feel like I was there...

Thanks Rina.

D

Dawn said...

funny you mention that, as carmel is one of the places we are thinking on moving too....I hope.

talat said...

Love the egg Benedict with avocado. It seems like you had a lot of fun. My husband and I went to Carmel for our honeymoon as well. this place is so romantic!

Jackie at PhamFatale.com

Hilary said...

This looked like such a great trip. Lovely scenery, and you certainly ate well!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin