Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Dametra Cafe

While walking along the shops on Ocean Ave. in Carmel, we came across a crowded little restaurant called Dametra Cafe. It is a Mediterranean restaurant and they seemed to be quite popular in the area so we decided to try it out for lunch. Hubby ordered the gyros, and I honestly think it was the best gyros I had outside of Greece. Ever since I had gyros for the first time in Greece 4 years ago, I have been searching for a good gyros place in the states with no luck. Dametras still can't come close to the gyros I had in Santorini, but it was still pretty good.
I had the chicken schwarma sandwich, which was marinated chicken in Lebanese spices roasted and wrapped in flat bread. It was very fresh and was kind of a Californian Mediterranean fusion style. I really enjoyed the lemon garlic aoli sauce in the wrap.
*Outside the restaurant
We sat by the big windows and enjoyed the sunny weather and watching people walking by. I have to mention that service at this restaurant was superb, the waiters were very attentive and friendly.
After lunch we visited the Borromeo del Rio Carmelo Mission. This historical mission was a serene and beautiful place. The gardens and flowers and surrounding the courtyard were lovely. I really enjoyed the exhibits, museums, and old cemetery in the mission. It brought me back to my 4th grade self when I was so excited about our "mission reports".
And did I mention what wonderful weather we had?
DAMETRA CAFE

South East corner of Ocean & Lincoln
Carmel by the Sea, CA 93921
tel: (831) 622-7766

BORROMEO DEL RIO CARMELO MISSION
3080 Rio Road
Carmel, CA 93923
tel: 831-624-1271

1 comments:

Nita Adriany said...

ahhh i loove loooov loooove gyros!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin