Saturday, August 29, 2009

Greek Salad

I fell in love with Greek food when I visited the Greek islands with hubby almost 5 years ago. Till then, I've never even tasted Greek food before. While traveling the islands I had Greek salad every single day. I was obsessed with Feta cheese and the fresh sweet tomatoes. This salad has become one of our favorite summer salads. With a side of pita bread, hummus, and tzatziki sauce, it is a great summer lunch.
GREEK SALAD RECIPE
Ingredients:
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 red onion sliced
4 tomatoes roughly cut
3 cucumbers cut
4 oz. Feta cheese, diced or crumbled
handful of Kalamata olives

Directions:
1. Mix all ingredients together, toss salad and eat!
This is a photo I took in Oia, Santorini. Some of the places hubby and I visited during our trip to Greece was; Athens, Santorini, Paros, and Mykonos. The islands were magically beautiful and romantic, I hope to visit again one day!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh how I wish I could visit there one day. But my damn husband doesnt fly. I suppose I will have to go without him!!!lol

::Christine:: said...

I wish I could go there one day too! It looks so beautiful!!

Daziano said...

Oh, I loved Santorini too! Isn't it gorgeous?

tomomi said...

looks soooo goood!!!!make me some when i visit you next year!you gotta take me to all the restaurants you show in your blog!!!yammy buddy!

Nita Adriany said...

i want to go to greece so bad! i love greek food! btw. there's a greek festival in long beach next weekend!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin