Monday, August 3, 2009

Madame Sori

Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm a master. A tea ceremony master to be exact. After almost 14 years of practicing the art of Japanese tea ceremony I have earned the title of "Tea ceremony master." I have been named "Madame Sori" by the Urasenke master in Japan. How awesome is that? In celebration of my accomplishments, my longtime Sensei hosted a tea ceremony for me and her students and prepared a wonderful traditional meal for us. I have been blessed with the most amazing Sensei that anybody could ask for. I hope to continue practicing tea ceremony and strive to become better for years to come.Containers of matcha: koicha and usuchaJapanese kaiseki lunch

3 comments:

Nita Adriany said...

Congrats Lina!!! Madame Sori!!

daphne said...

It looks sooo healthy too!!!

Rhyleysgranny said...

Omedetou Gozaimashita Madame Sori.
What a wonderful thing. I took part in a tea ceremony many many years ago in Yokahama. It was a wonderful experience

Blog Widget by LinkWithin