Thursday, August 6, 2009

Solvang: Danish Town

Hubby and I embarked on another road trip last week. Since we don't have the funds to go on an international trip this summer, we decided to visit nearby places that we've never been to. Plus, we recently purchased a hybrid car and want to get the most of it! The first stop of this road trip was Solvang. It's a small Danish city in Santa Barbara county. It's a really cute place where a lot of the architecture is in a traditional Danish style. We walked up and down the streets checking out the bakeries, restaurants, galleries and merchants offering a taste Denmark. I've never been to Denmark, but I suppose it would look like this place.We found an adorable restaurant called The Belgian Cafe for breakfast. The interior of the restaurant was very cute and made me feel like I was in Europe. I love Belgium waffles so I got excited when I saw the waffle maker at the front of the restaurant. I, of course, had the Belgium waffles with homemade whipped cream (which was so fresh and yummy) with bananas. I was in heaven. This waffle was amazing! Next time I head up north, I would stop in Solvang just for these waffles.Hubby got the Belgium waffles with fruit and a Danish sausage. Everything was delicious. I need to learn how to make waffles like this with my new waffle maker!After breakfast we checked out the Elverhoj Museum of History and Art. It was a really neat museum with exhibits devoted to Danish culture and the history of Solvang. THE BELGIAN CAFE
1671 Copenhagen Dr
Solvang, CA 93463
(805) 688-6630

3 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

GREAT sights and food!!

Dawn said...

I am Danish! I would love that.

Nita Adriany said...

those waffles look extra delicious!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin