Thursday, September 24, 2009

Minoh Waterfall

The Minoh Waterfall is located in the Meiji Memorial Forest Minoh Quasi-National Park and was near the ryokan that we were staying at. It wasn't quite Iguazu falls, but it was a beautiful waterfall nonetheless. The quaint little red bridge with a waterfall backdrop really made me feel like I was in Japan. We originally made the hike to the waterfalls hoping to spot some monkeys but unfortunately didn't see any. The area was surrounded by lush forest mountains and the trees were slightly beginning to change color. So far in my life, I've always been a student or teacher (and the school year begins in September) so even though I've been to Japan over 2 dozen times I have never experienced Japan in autumn. I hear that in October & November the mountains turn color to vivid reds and oranges. In Southern California I've never really experienced the four seasons, so I hope I get to see that one day.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Great ohotos, thanks for sharing!

fumipuriri said...

cho kirei!!

tomomi said...

wow beautiful!ill go visit there for sure next time i go to japan! how come you know all the nice places like this?

Irvine Real Estate said...

I want to go camping in Japan, and eat Japanese Smores, and sing Japanese campfire, and sleep under Japanese stars...Oh I updated the orchid show with pics...they're not very good...I need a better camera www.weisre.com...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin