Thursday, November 12, 2009

Strawberry Short Cupcake

It was my friend's birthday the other day, so I decided to bake something to celebrate. The strawberry shortcake I made for hubby's birthday in August was such a hit that I decided to make something along those lines. I decided to make strawberry short cupcakes!
They turned out really cute! I topped the shortcake with fresh whipped cream, mini jelly candies, and a strawberry. They tasted nice, but honestly... I think when you put the airy cake batter inside the small cupcake paper, it deflates a little and loses a lot of its soft airyness.
Still, they were very cute and my friend appreciated them! :) I used my original shortcake recipe to make these cupcakes. The recipe can be found on my past post HERE.

11 comments:

Anncoo said...

This is really cute! I love the colour and pic looks great :D

Bridgett said...

Your photos are spectacular and these lovely cupcakes look absolutely mouthwatering.

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Those are adorable! I love the liners, very cool! By the way, Boleima is Portuguese yes :) From the Alentejo region.

Leslie said...

well arent these adorable!!!Love the wrappers

Adam said...

They really do look light and airy, it's like eating a strawberry cloud. Your friend is a lucky cat indeed :)

Cynthia said...

Love the presentation.

::Christine:: said...

Lina, You are absolutely amazing!! This looks so cute and delicious!! =))

weisresidential said...

L,

I bet they taste better than they look... I had the best cupcake the other day in Belmont Shores in Long Beach at Frosted Cupcakery...They don't look as adorable as yours though...Happy Hol's

D

Cynthia said...

I like your presentation.

talat said...

Hi Lina,

Wonderful photos. I have a question though, it might be very naive of me but where did you get the cupcake liner? Did you use newspaper? Or this beautiful cupcakes liners are available in the market?

Jackie at Phamfatale.com

Lina said...

I got them in Japan! They have the cutest baking supplies!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin