Thursday, February 25, 2010

Trader Joe's Pizza Dough

Lately, I've really been into pizza. It's been one of my top pregnancy cravings. You just can't go wrong with a good crust, sauce, and cheese! I've thought about making my own pizza dough but it just seems like such a hassle. Why go through all the time and trouble to make dough when they sell perfectly good dough at Trader Joe's? They have a plain dough, a whole wheat dough, and a garlic herb pizza dough in the refrigerated section of the store & it's only 99 cents! I think pretty much everything at TJ's is fabulous and tasty.
It's really simple to use this dough. It's just pretty sticky, so I made sure to put flour on my working surface. I'm not a professional pizza tosser, so I just stretched the dough out into a rough circle shape.
The best part about making pizza at home is that you get to play with the toppings. This time, I added some pizza sauce (also TJ's), shredded mozzarella cheese, slices of fresh mozzarella cheese, prosciutto, artichoke hearts, and sun dried tomatoes.
We had arugula lettuce on our pizza for the first time in Brazil last year, and hubby just loves it. So after the pizza came out of the oven I sprinkled some arugula on top. The crust was crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside. This pizza is semi-homemade cooking at it's perfection!

4 comments:

dawn said...

there you are! missed you and all your fun photos of travels. I bet you aren't traveling much now though.
If you like TJ's pizza dough wait till you try Whole Foods multi-grain dough. Amazing

appropriated.muffin said...

i love TJ's!! i tried the dough myself... and yes! its sooo sticky. although you seemed to have more lunch in getting it round than i did.

Davy SW said...

Danny's been buying Trader Joe's dough since I've known him. It's the best! Your pizza looks yummy.

chefmama said...

Pizza looks awesome. Check out some recipes that I've created using the dough.

http://cooktoplease.blogspot.com/search/label/pizza

Blog Widget by LinkWithin