Monday, March 8, 2010

Homemade Bread FAIL

They say that all you really need to make bread is a little bit of milk, butter, yeast, and flour. Lies... all lies... My little homemade bread making experiment was pure failure. The dough was as hard as a rock and would not rise even after waiting for hours.
The end product, although looked edible was the weight of a softball. Hard on the outside and still raw on the inside. Is it truly possible to make a nice loaf of bread at home without the assistance of a bread making machine? I am determined to succeed one of these days.

8 comments:

Lotte said...

look at this links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13Ah9ES2yTU
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/08/dining/081mrex.html
i like to bake my own bread and these were tasty

Lina said...

wow! thanks!

Carrie of Farming On Faith said...

You poor dear~
I say what you need to make homemade bread is a mix aid mixer with a kneader. I made it by hand for years but my kneader is fail proof~
here is my easy homemade bread. GIve it a try!~


http://farmingonfaith.blogspot.com/2009/02/frugal-easy-homemade-bread.html

Leslie said...

Damn yeast! lol

Nita Adriany said...

oh no!!! i love making Artisan bread {thanks to Roxanne} and it doesnt require milk

Cynthia said...

Yes my dear it is possible to make good bread at home without a bread machine. I have never owned a bread machine, not sure I ever will but I make bread regularly.

I am going to email you a bread recipe for you to try. It is for a soft white loaf which you can also make into dinner rolls.

Davy SW said...

Your blog is amazing! Haven't been here for awhile. I'm gonna try out a couple of receipes, lol like Julia & Julia.
Love

G

Mama Mia said...

thanks every one for the tips! I have to attempt this again!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin