Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sakura

We arrived in Japan just a few days ago as the pale pink flowers of the cherry blossom trees in Tokyo began to bloom. Japanese people love Sakura (cherry blossoms) because of their fleeting beauty, a reminder of how short and fleeting our very own lives on earth are. Sakura are in full bloom for probably just about a week, so I was extremely excited that this year I would get to see them during our trip to Japan! I've been to Japan dozens of times but I've only experienced the glory of the cherry blossoms once before, so it is very special to me that I get to see them again this year. We took a nice long walk around the Tokyo Imperial Palace yesterday. The parks and areas around the palace are said to have one of the most picturesque cherry blossom scenes in Japan.
Not all of the cherry blossoms were completely blossomed yet, but it was pretty close! The parks were packed with people enjoying the pretty pink flowers.
Everywhere I looked was insanely gorgeous! gorgeous! gorgeous! It's no wonder this country is so obsessed with Sakura.


1 comments:

Davy SW said...

Very Beautiful! I wanna go again.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin