Friday, May 21, 2010

Tea Time in Tokyo

I still haven't gotten around to posting everything from our trip to Japan last month. One thing I love about Tokyo is that there are cafes everywhere. And not just boring places like Starbucks or Coffee Bean. There are plenty of cafes that offer a variety of cakes, pastries, teas and coffees. We wandered around for a little shopping in Ginza and took a break for high tea at a fancy little cafe called Tsubakiya. I just love having tea with dainty & elegant tea cups. I was excited to have my freshly brewed tea served in Royal Copenhagen china.
This cafe was no joke. They were very particular in the way they brew their coffee and tea. There was a professional barista behind the counter looking like he was conducting science experiments. The cafe has a retro European feel to it and was really calming after a day of walking.
With my lemon tea I had a cherry blossom chiffon cake that was so modestly scrumptious. It was light and airy with a floral undertone to it. Hubby of course had his favorite, rare cheesecake. Everything was so perfect and delicious! I wish we had more cafes like this back home!
TSUBAKI-YA
東京都中央区銀座7-7-11 管原ビル 2F・3F
Tokyo, Japan
Tel: 03-3572-4949

2 comments:

VeggieGirl said...

Love the dainty tea set!

Troy said...

Looks like it will be wonderful to experience that kind of tea time in Japan. It is not every day that we can have this kind of pleasure.

pimalai resort & spa koh lanta

Blog Widget by LinkWithin